CTK offers very competitive Patient Care Technician (PCT) program approved by TWC, COE, HHS. It is a comprehensive course designed for teaching students the skills and abilities essential to the provision of basic care to patients and residents in hospitals and long term care facilities.
We focus on:
- EKG Technician.
- Phlebotomy Technician.
- EMR Technician (Electronic Medical records), Charting in Computer for patient records.
- Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology, Microsoft Office.
PCT Program prepares students as entry-level Patient Care Technicians in clinics, hospitals, or Emergency Room. This program is a combination of lecture, laboratory, and practical exercises in the medical laboratory.
Upon completion of this course the graduates can successfully perform duties such as:
- Respond to patient calls and requests for assistance.
- Bathing, dressing, grooming, assisting with personal hygiene, changing dressings and wound care.
- Serving meals and feeding patients if they are unable to feed themselves.
- Monitoring and recording vital signs – temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration rates.
- Observing, recording and reporting a patients’ physical, mental, and emotional conditions.
- Able to take and understand Electrocardiograms (EKGs) reports.
- Assisting doctors and nurses during examinations and treatments.
- Able to communicate and chart patience medical record information electronically using Electronic Health Record (HER) system.
- Phlebotomy practice.
- Able to evaluate patients’ ability to withstand venipuncture procedure.
- Able to perform venipuncture.
Why Choose CTK Healthcare?
- 12 WEEKS coursework (based on prior courses taken)
- Flexible & Affordable payment terms
- High school diploma
- Copy of SSN and driver license
So Are You Ready to become a Patient Care Technician?
Call us: 214-441-3556 or contact us to get enrolled or to learn more.
Further, we will assist you in finding a healthcare jobs while you are in our school. We have many students who has succeed in their career and we will do our best to provide even better service to you and for your career.