Patient care technician is a comprehensive course designed for teaching students the skills and abilities essential to the provision of basic care to patients and residents in hospitals and long term care facilities. CTK offers very competitive Patient Care Technician (PCT) program approved by TWC, COE, HHS.
We focus on:
- EKG Technician.
- Phlebotomy Technician.
- EMR Technician (Electronic Medical records), Charting in Computer for patient records.
- Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology, Microsoft Office.
PCT Program prepares students as entry-level Patient Care Technicians in clinics, hospitals, or Emergency Room. This program is a combination of lecture, laboratory, and practical exercises in the medical laboratory.
Responsibilities of PCT
Responsibilities of PCT includes several duties which can be performed after completion of this course:
- Respond to patient calls and requests for assistance.
- Bathing, dressing, grooming, assisting with personal hygiene, changing dressings and wound care.
- Serving meals and feeding patients if they are unable to feed themselves.
- Monitoring and recording vital signs – temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration rates.
- Observing, recording and reporting a patients’ physical, mental, and emotional conditions.
- Able to take and understand Electrocardiograms (EKGs) reports.
- Assist doctors and nurses during examinations and treatments.
- Able to communicate and chart patience medical record information electronically using Electronic Health Record (HER) system.
- Phlebotomy practice.
- Able to evaluate patients’ ability to withstand venipuncture procedure.
- Able to perform venipuncture.
Why Choose CTK Healthcare?
- 12 WEEKS coursework (based on prior courses taken)
- Flexible & Affordable payment terms
- FAFSA available for qualified students.
- Assist in finding healthcare jobs
Admission Requirements for PCT:
- High school diploma
- Copy of SSN and driver license
Are You Ready to become a Patient Care Technician?
Further, we will assist you in finding a healthcare jobs while you are in our school. We have many students who has succeed in their career and we will do our best to provide even better service to you and for your career.