Top Patient Care Technician Program at CTK HEALTHCARE
16 WEEKS Program
$160/Week with CNA
$191/Week without CNA
Flexible & Affordable PMT
Call us: 214-441-3556
We assist you in Healthcare jobs while you are in our school
- PCT ProgramDaysTime10/21/2019Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday morningStarts at 9am
Top Patient Care Technician Program planned for you all at CTK Healthcare:
It is a comprehensive course designed for teaching students the skills and abilities essential to the provision of basic care to patients and residents in hospitals and long term care facilities.
We focus on:
- EKG Technician.
- Phlebotomy Technician.
- EMR Technician (Electronic Medical records), Charting in Computer for patient records.
- Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Terminology, Microsoft Office.
PCT Program prepares for students to work as entry-level Patient Care Technicians in a clinic, a hospital, or an Emergency Room. This program is a combination of lecture, laboratory, and practical exercises in the medical laboratory.
Upon completion of this course the graduates can successfully perform duties such as:
- Respond to patient calls and requests for assistance.
- Bathing, dressing, grooming, assisting with personal hygiene, changing dressings and wound care.
- Serving meals and feeding patients if they are unable to feed themselves.
- Monitoring and recording vital signs – temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration rates.
- Observing, recording and reporting a patients’ physical, mental, and emotional condition.
- Able to take and understand Electrocardiograms (EKGs) reports.
- Assisting doctors and nurses during examinations and treatments.
- Able to communicate and chart patience medical record information electronically using Electronic Health Record (HER) system.
- Phlebotomy practice.
- Able to evaluate patients for ability to withstand venipuncture procedure.
- To perform venipuncture.