CTK Healthcare offers competitive Pharmacy Technician programs across Texas State and beyond. Not only we train students about the pharmaceutical products, but also conduct visits to the pharmaceutical industries for the firsthand experience.
Pharmacy Technician course teaches students the knowledge and skills required to thrive in this ever-changing pharmacy industry. Pharmacy tech students equipped with knowledge on compounding, computer processing, dispensing, mathematics, drug/body interactions, and drug delivery systems along with other healthcare disciplines. Additionally, students practice customer service skills and learn about the different pharmaceutical environments such as retail, hospital, and small business.
Students will also develop real-world workplace skills of communication and customer service, which they are required to use in their mandatory practicum placements in workplaces in community pharmacies.
Pharmacy Technician graduated from CTK have been successfully placed in retail and hospital pharmacies. In this program, you will learn about drug interactions, medical terminology, and dosage estimation. WE also offers preparation classes for the Texas State Pharmacy Technician Certification Board exam. Tuition includes textbook, workbook, internship related to pharmacy and supplies.
What Pharmacy Technicians Do?
- Pharmacy Technicians work in retail pharmacies and hospitals. They help licensed pharmacists dispense and fill prescription medication and check inventory.
- Collect information of patients and health care professionals required to fill a prescription
- Count pills and measure amounts of other medication based on prescriptions
- Compound or mix medications, such as preparing ointments
- Packaging and labeling prescriptions
- Accept payment for prescriptions and process the insurance claims
- Conduct routine pharmacy tasks, such as answering phone calls from customers
Pharmacy technicians work under the supervision of pharmacists, who is responsible to review all prescriptions before they are given to patients. The technician also refers costumers to pharmacist for medication questions.
Pharmacy technicians working in hospitals and other medical facilities also prepare a greater variety of medications, such as intravenous medications. They may make rounds in the hospital, giving medications to patients.
Want to know more about our Pharmacy Technician Course? Just contact us.
Upon completion of this course:
- Graduates may find employment with local community pharmacies, hospitals, retail pharmacies, mail-order drug companies and insurance companies. They will be able to perform all duties related to Pharmacy Technician in any pharmacy practice setting.
- Graduates will learn to prepare prescription orders under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, perform applicable pharmacy calculations, provide customer service and comply with both federal and state regulatory laws.
- Additionally, completion of the program assists students in their preparation to take the certification exam offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). Upon successfully passing the exam, graduates will be able to gain the designation of Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Complete an application for admission;
- Complete a personal interview with the school director or enrollment representative;
- Present proof of being at least 18 years of age;
- Present proof of completion of secondary education (high school diploma or GED certificate); pass Wonderlic Basic Skills Test if student does not have HS/GED
- Have a criminal background check to include submitting fingerprints and
- Register with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (Board) as a pharmacy technician trainee
** The fee to register as a Pharmacy Technician Trainee with the Board is $47.00.
Why choose CTK Healthcare?
- Admission opens For 13 Weeks course can finish by 12 Weeks
- Flexible & Affordable payments
- Highly Available Job Placement
- Prepares You get HIRED in Job
- Call us: 214-441-3556/469-763-6414