Pharmacy Technician course at CTK Healthcare, is one of the best pharmacy technician program course available in and around Texas. Not only we train students about the pharmaceutical products, but also we conduct field visits to the pharmaceutical industries so that they can experience it first hand.
Pharmacy Technician course teaches students the knowledge and skills necessary to thrive in the ever-changing pharmacy industry. Pharmacy tech students learn about compounding, computer processing, dispensing, mathematics, drug/body interactions, and drug delivery systems among other subjects. Additionally, students practice their customer service skills and learn about different pharmaceutical environments such as retail, hospital, and small business.
Students will also develop real-world workplace skills like communication and customer service, which they will put to use in their mandatory practicum placements in workplaces in community pharmacies.
Completer of our Pharmacy Technician course have found work in retail and hospital pharmacies. In this program, you will learn drug interactions, terminology, and dosage calculations. Class includes preparation for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board exam through the state of Texas. Tuition includes textbook, workbook, internship in the pharmacy and supplies.
What Pharmacy Technicians Do?
- Pharmacy technicians fill prescriptions and check inventory.
Pharmacy technicians help licensed pharmacists dispense prescription medication. They work in retail pharmacies and hospitals.
- Take from customers or health professionals the information needed to fill a prescription
- Count tablets and measure amounts of other medication for prescriptions
- Compound or mix medications, such as preparing ointments
- Package and label prescriptions
- Accept payment for prescriptions and process insurance claims
- Do routine pharmacy tasks, such as answering phone calls from customers
Pharmacy technicians work under the supervision of pharmacists, who must review all prescriptions before they are given to patients.
If a customer’s question is about the medication or health matters, the pharmacy technician arranges for the customer to speak with the pharmacist.
Pharmacy technicians working in hospitals and other medical facilities prepare a greater variety of medications, such as intravenous medications. They may make rounds in the hospital, giving medications to patients.
Want to know more about our Pharmacy Technician Course? Just contact us.
Upon completion of this course:
- Graduates may find employment with local community pharmacies, hospitals, retail pharmacies, mail-order drug companies and insurance companies. They will be able to perform all duties required of a Pharmacy Technician in any pharmacy practice setting.
- Graduates will learn to prepare prescription orders under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, perform applicable pharmacy calculations, provide customer service and comply with both federal and state regulatory laws.
- Additionally, completion of the program assists students in their preparation to take the certification exam offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB). Upon successfully passing the exam, graduates will be able to gain the designation of Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
- Complete an application for admission;
- Complete a personal interview with the school director or enrollment representative;
- Present proof of being at least 18 years of age;
- Present proof of completion of secondary education (high school diploma or GED certificate); pass Wonderlic Basic Skills Test if student does not have HS/GED
- Have a criminal background check to include submitting fingerprints and
- Register with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (Board) as a pharmacy technician trainee
** The fee to register as a Pharmacy Technician Trainee with the Board is $47.00.
Why choose CTK Healthcare?
- Admission opens For 13 Weeks course can finish by 12 Weeks
- $99/Week (16 weekly payment)
- Flexible & Affordable payments
- Highly Available Job Placement
- Prepares You get HIRED in Job
- Call us: 214-441-3556/469-763-6414